Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Classroom Rules


A lot of teachers struggle to come up with rules for their classroom.  How do you narrow the list?  How specific should you be?  How many rules are appropriate?  Should I create my rules or should the students?  The list of questions goes on and on.  I have three rules in my classroom--all fairly general.  I think I cover all of my bases with these three rules, but you can never be sure.  There IS, I believe, a difference between rules and procedures.  I do teach ALL of my procedures at the beginning of the year and reteach as necessary, but sometimes kids need a little guidance on how to behave.  Here are my rules:

These are the rules I hold my students accountable for, but I feel like every year I need new rules.  (Not because I want to change them, because I feel that every group I teach requires different..guidelines?)  Even though I debate about what rules to have in the classroom, here's a quote that pretty much sums up my feelings toward everything in my classroom.  These are the two things that I want from my students! (Click to download this sign for your room!)
What do you have for rules in your classroom??

No comments:

Post a Comment