Since we're getting hit with Irene, I'm actually taking some time off from teacher tasks. I've been working nonstop for a number of weeks now and summer vacation is SO VERY QUICKLY coming to an end. (I don't really do well with vacations.)
I'm going to celebrate some of my summer accomplishments by stepping away from the work world and instead share them with the internet world...mostly as a friendly reminder to myself that I have, indeed, been working hard and it's OKAY to stop for a minute. :D
What I Did During My Summer Vacation
1. Redid my ENTIRE CLASSROOM (and, of course, personalized EVERY poster, label, and sign).
2. Completed 1.4 million Pinterest and PT Projects.
Classroom Procedural Handbook.
6. Typed up EVERY Skill, Strategy, Story Title, Genre, Question of the Week, Big Question, Spelling & Vocabulary List, and Story Summary (WITH Family Discussion Questions!) for EVERY STORY in our new Reading series! (Steal some of these goodies here and here!)
Teacher's Notebook store and made a handful of Classroom Theme Packs.
9. Shared a LOT of requested items on PT!
10. Started blogging! (<--Hopefully no link is required...??)
...And much more! Now, of course I squeezed in some family time and a little bit of fun as well, but the regret is starting to set in. So, although I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well with Irene passing through, I'm taking a moment to be thankful for the day off (and Redbox)! :) CHEERS!